Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Data & Services Engineering (DSE) Team
The Data & Services Engineering (DSE) Team is on the mission of building innovative solutions to drive growth and adoption of the Highspot platform, drive operational efficiency to scale our customer services organization, generate impactful analytics insights we can share with customers and industry, integrate & share curated data from our data warehouse to empower data-driven decision making across the organization.
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled and passionate Data Scientist with experience working within the entire analytics lifecycle. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for analyzing large and complex data sets to identify patterns, create new metrics, develop predictive models, build dashboards, and generate insights that drive business decisions. You will lead high-visibility high-impact projects and work closely with a skilled and diverse group of domain experts, company leaders, software engineers, data analysts, data engineers, and beyond.
What You'll Do
- Analyze core business topics using Highspot’s product and business data (such as user behavior on the Highspot platform, customer health, and the operations of our internal teams) to gain insights that will drive product development and enhance platform effectiveness.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and identify opportunities where statistics, machine learning, and operations research techniques can be used to make a significant impact and then design, develop, deploy and monitor those solutions.
- Partner with our Data Engineering team to conceptualize data pipelines that can extract data and insights for daily business management in an automated manner.
- Define top-level business, team, and product metrics and build automated reports in close coordination with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Cultivate a nuanced understanding of Highspot's data and lead research to uncover new opportunities for analytics within Highspot’s product and business.
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, or related quantitative fields.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL to query and transform structured and semi-structured data.
- 3+ years experience using Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, or other automated reporting tools.
- Highly proficient in Python and related analytics libraries to wrangle, visualize, analyze, and build statistical/ML models.
- 5+ years experience in designing, developing and deploying predictive models to address real-world business problems; relevant techniques include regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, ensemble methods, recommender systems, and linear/integer programs.
- Comfortable using git to version control code and collaborate with other Data Scientists and Engineers on projects.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and solving impactful business problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to explain complex research to technical and non-technical audiences and to publish insights from your work.
- Driven by empathy to support, learn, and contribute to a team’s success.
Base salary range: $154,000 - $252,000. Employees are eligible to receive stock options and may also receive other forms of compensation.
The above represents total expected compensation for this role. Actual compensation will depend on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to, location, experience, and job qualifications.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution
-401(k) Matching with immediate vesting on employer match
-8 paid holidays and 5 paid days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-18 weeks paid parental leave
-Professional development opportunities through BetterUp and LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 volunteer days per year
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.
This job is already closed and no longer accepting applicants, sorry.