GPT Legal Prompt Engineer
Mishcon de Reya LLP · London, England, United Kingdom (On-site)
3 months ago
Mishcon is widely acknowledged as a leader in legal tech, legal innovation, and data science. Our Strategy and Data Department is responsible for driving the Firm's technological transformation and, as such, comprises various teams focused on (1) re-engineering the practice and business of law, (2) incubating and implementing legaltech (3) data science.
Within Strategy and Data, we have been experimenting with various NLP models over the past 2 years. With the release of ChatGPT, signalling a new phase of widespread access to LLMs, we are looking to increase our understanding of how generative AI can be used within a law firm, including its application to legal practice tasks and wider law firm business tasks. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to use their legal knowledge and technical skills to help us consider how we can further revolutionise the way we work and deliver legal services to our clients.
Duties And Responsibilities
As a GPT Legal Prompt Engineer you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work with our lawyers and our Practice Transformation team to understand the legal practice use cases to which ChatGPT, GPT3 and other large language models could be applied.
- Work with our business and legal operations professionals to understand the wider business use casesto which ChatGPT, GPT3 and other large language models could be applied
- Design and develop high-quality prompts for a range of legal and non-legal use cases, working closely alongside our data science team
- Evaluate and improve existing prompts to ensure they are effective
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in natural language processing and GPT technology, incorporate these advancements into our work and take leadership in keeping our Strategy, Practice Transformation and Data Science teams up to date.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure that our use of language models is in line with ethical and regulatory requirements.
- A deep understanding of legal practice - probably (but not necessarily) including a degree in law or experience working as a lawyer.
- A deep understanding of law firm operations - probably (but not necessarily) gained from working at a law firm
- Strong technical skills, including experience with GPT3 and other large language models.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work creatively and independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with lawyers and other stakeholders.
- A passion for innovation and a desire to make a real impact on the legal industry.
How To Apply
- your CV
- a short memo/presentation outlining a use case for the application of ChatGPT to a legal practice task which you believe would be relevant to Mishcon de Reya. Please (1) explain the use case, (2) show (with screenshots) your ChatGPT prompts and (3) show (with screenshots) the relevant output.
About The Mishcon De Reya Group
The Mishcon de Reya Group is an independent international professional service business with law at its heart, employing over 1450 people with close to 670 lawyers. It includes the law firm Mishcon de Reya LLP and a collection of leading consultancy businesses that complement the firm's legal services. We have grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than 40% revenue growth in the past five years alone.
Based in London, Cambridge, Oxford, and Singapore, with an association with Karas So LLP in Hong Kong, the firm services an international community of clients and provides advice in situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The work we undertake is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core practice areas: Corporate ; Dispute Resolution ; Employment ; Innovation ; Private ; and Real Estate .
As of 1 January 2023, Mishcon de Reya and Taylor Vinters merged. The merger delivers on both firms' strategies to support the innovation economy and accelerate our growing share of the technology, media and life-sciences legal and consultancy services market in the UK and in key international innovation hubs globally.
In times of such far-reaching and profound change we want to be the law firm that enables our clients - and our own people - to shape the world's possibilities. We are here to help our clients benefit from new economies, new geographic centres of wealth, the new global movement of people and capital, and the impact of new technologies and new knowledge.
Our purpose remains rooted in our founding values. We take pride in the diverse range of people who make up the firm and are proactive in driving change and continuous improvement across the spectrum of equality, diversity and inclusion. Mishcon Academy , our in-house place of learning, development and new thinking for our people, clients and contacts and our innovative impact strategy, including a commitment to be a net zero carbon business , also play a central strategic role in the direction of the firm. In 2020 we launched Mishcon Purpose , a first-of-its-kind sustainability practice providing Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) advice and purpose-driven insight to clients.
The Mishcon de Reya Group comprises standalone businesses MDR Brand Management , MDR Cyber , MDR Discover , MDR Mayfair (in London, Singapore and Dubai) and MDRxTECH . Complementary to Mishcon de Reya's core areas of work, each is led by best-in-class professionals recruited from a variety of non-legal industries and sectors.
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
We strive to create a fully diverse and inclusive workplace where all our people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We are proud of our agile working culture and are always happy to talk flexible working.
Apply for this job
Please mention you found the job through PromptHero! It'll help us get more companies to post here. Thanks!Beware of job scams! You should never have to pay to apply for a job, buy equipment, or pay for trainings. If a job demands you ANY money, it's a scam. If a post looks like a "how to work online" page, it's probably a scam. Also, make sure you're talking to the real company by checking their website or email domain. Online work scams are everywhere, so be careful! By clicking on the apply button, you'll leave PromptHero and go to the company's application page. PromptHero accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here. Stay sharp and good luck!