Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle with more than 25 years’ experience in data sourcing, annotation, and model evaluation. Appen maintains the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform and boasts a global crowd of 1 million+ contributors worldwide, speaking 235+ languages.
High-quality AI training data necessarily requires human beings to record and transcribe speech, for example, or recognize the contents of complex images. Appen uses a crowdsourced model to engage humans at scale, while providing customers a framework to manage the cost, time, and complexity in producing human-annotated data sets. Appen relies on technology to accelerate and reduce the cost of humans preparing training data. It invests continuously in its crowd management and customer service platforms, leveraging its own in-house-developed machine-learning models as needed.
Appen’s strategy is built on four pillars:
· Growth: Drive revenue growth in target new markets
· Automation: Leverage AI and ML in labelling operations to improve the productivity and quality of customer outcomes
· Expand: Add new products and capabilities to expand into the broader data and AI market
· Evolve: Improve the scalability of our operations including sales, project delivery, and crowd management
Appen is continuing to invest in its Data for AI platform, fulfilling all customer AI needs (data sourcing, preparation, annotation, and automated testing of models) in building products and services across many industry verticals. Although Appen is a 26-year-old profitable company with considerable resources being invested in all areas, Appen matches the pace and innovative spirit of a start-up company that offers flexible work-life balance options.
- We are looking for an experienced, driven product manager with B2B SaaS experience to drive cross-functional product initiatives that enable Appen customers to evaluate a broad range of products and services that rely on AI machine models across one or more data modalities (e.g., textual, image, video, audio)
- In this role, you will enable the success of some of the most advanced and innovative software and hardware-based capabilities across a range of industries, working from the largest tech companies right down to small, innovative, and fast-moving start-ups. You will drive the implementation of feature sets that expand the value of the software industry’s #1 Data for AI solution.
- Your responsibilities will demand excellent communication skills, entrepreneurial instincts, data-driven decision making, and continuous evaluation of new business cases:
- Conduct domain research and competitive analysis
- Work across engineering, data science, user experience, customer delivery, crowd management, sales, and marketing teams to develop advanced prototypes, shipping platform features, production tooling, partner integrations and validation that customer needs are met end-to-end
- Propose new initiatives, backed by business cases, to management and obtain buy-in
- Own the roadmap for one or more assigned product areas, working in close collaboration with a global team of experienced Product Managers to align on a platform vision
- Work closely with key customers and partners to solicit, validate, and deliver product refinements
- Build reporting models for tracking feature adoption, customer results, data quality trends, and customer ROI to drive key internal decision making
- BA/BS degree in computer science, applied mathematics, linguistics, or similar field
- 2+ years of experience in product management
- 2+ years of experience delivering commercial software using an agile software development methodology
- Prior experience with AI/ML technologies preferred
- Experience with metric definition, quantifying problems, and managing impact over time
- Experience using data-driven analytics to gain insights on current situations, new opportunities, and product performance
- Experience working directly with engineering and UX leaders and managers to align business, technical, and user outcomes
- Experience interviewing customers for requirements discovery
- Solid English writing and speaking communication skills
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle with more than 25 years’ experience in data sourcing, annotation, and model evaluation. Through our expertise, platform, and global crowd, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence products with speed and at scale. Appen maintains the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform and boasts a global crowd of more than 1 million contributors worldwide, speaking more than 235 languages. Our products and services make Appen a trusted partner to leaders in technology, automotive, finance, retail, healthcare, and government. Appen has customers and offices globally.
This job is already closed and no longer accepting applicants, sorry.